Let’s finally admit it, we’ll judge strangers nail’s as harshly as book covers. Along with our never-ending shoe fetish, the condition of your nails are next on the list of "10 things you’re allowed to be judgmental about.” The first impression will be your last with brittle nails--time to toughen them up!
- Limit how long you expose your nails to water. It’s time to start rethinking about the duration of your bubble bath!
- Wear gloves while doing chores. Exposing your hands to harsh chemicals are damaging to the nails.
- Use acetone free nail polish remover. Chemicals in nail polish remover can thin and weaken your nails.
- File your nails. Round the tip of your nails to avoid breakage.
- Moisturize. After washing your hands, use hand cream to lock in moisture. The hand cream should contain alpha hydroxy acids or lanolin.
For more information about how to protect your nails, visit Health.HowStuffWorks